If you’re a crafty person like me, you’ll love this idea for a festive treat: a hot cocoa bar! Even though our Christmas’ are hot in Perth, Western Australia, I love to turn up the air conditioning and drink hot cocoa. There’s nothing like a cozy cup of hot cocoa (or a refreshing chocolate drink if you prefer) to enjoy while watching your favorite Christmas movies. In this blog post, I’ll show you how to set up your own cocoa bar with some simple and fun items.
First, you’ll need some Christmas mugs to serve your drinks in. You can use any mugs you have, or buy Christmas mugs with cute festive designs. There are so many Christmas themed mugs around to suit your holiday decor. Alternatively, you can use white mugs for a minimalist look.
Next, you’ll need a variety of hot cocoa sachets to suit different tastes. You can find them at any grocery store/supermarket, or order them online. I like to have some classic flavors like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate, as well as some more exotic ones like salted caramel, peppermint, and mocha.
Then, you’ll need some toppings and extras to make your cocoa even more delicious. Here are some of the things I like to include in my cocoa bar:
- Salt: A pinch of salt can enhance the flavor of your cocoa and balance the sweetness.
- Marshmallows: These are a must-have for any cocoa lover. You can use regular or mini marshmallows, or even flavored ones like vanilla or strawberry.
- Chocolate chips: These add some extra chocolatey goodness to your drink. You can use milk, dark, or white chocolate chips, or a mix of all three.
- Chocolates: These are great for nibbling on while you sip your cocoa.
- Mint sticks: These add a refreshing minty flavor to your cocoa. You can use candy canes, peppermint sticks, or mint chocolate sticks.
- Wafers: These are perfect for dipping in your cocoa or eating on their own. You can use any kind of wafers you like, such as vanilla, chocolate, or hazelnut.
- Spoons: These are essential for stirring your cocoa and scooping up your toppings. You can use regular or disposable spoons, or even festive ones with Christmas motifs.
- Striped straws: These add some fun and color to your cocoa bar. I like to use red and white striped ones to match the Christmas theme.
- Cinnamon sticks tied with bakers twine.
To make your cocoa bar look more attractive and organized, I suggest using a tray and placing your items in jars and tying red striped bakers twine around the rims. You can also add some Christmas picks and pine cones to give it a rustic touch. I decorated a small Christmas tree with ornaments and placed it next to my cocoa bar to create a cozy atmosphere.
Finally, I made a chalkboard sign using vinyl cut out with my Silhouette die cutting machine. I found the design in the Silhouette store. You can also use a regular chalkboard and write on it with chalk or chalk markers.
And that’s it! Your hot cocoa bar is ready to enjoy with your family and friends. I hope you liked this idea and have fun creating your own version. Happy holidays!