Tray bakes and slices are great when you need a sweet treat in a hurry. The White Chocolate and Macadamia Slice is a variation of our popular Chocolate Chip Slice and it can be in the oven in under 15 minutes. It is a tasty slice that is studded with white chocolate chips and piece of macadamia which always go so well together. It freezes well (if it lasts that long) and goes perfectly with a cup of tea.
- 125 g (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 110 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 75 g (1/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g (1 cup) plain (all purpose) flour
- 125 g (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F). Line the base of a brownie pan measuring 18 x 28 cm (base) with baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool on wire rack in pan. Cut into squares.
You can check out some of our other recipes for Bars and Slices here.