I love sharing my families favourite recipes here and am building a great resource for my children when they leave home. Instead of handwriting a collection of recipes in a book or on recipe cards, they can come here to find all of our most loved recipes in one place. Over the 10 years we have been blogging, we have certainly shared a huge number of recipes.
Our lunchbox treat this week is No Bake Lemon Slice. Made from crushed shortbread biscuits (cookies), mixed with lemon rind, coconut, and condensed milk, and then topped with a tart lemon icing. Delicious … it is hard to stop at one piece!
No bake lemon slice is really easy to prepare and would be a great recipe for children to make as they don’t need to use the oven.
If you would like to try No Bake Lemon Slice, follow the recipe below:
- ½ cup NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100g butter
- 200g shortbread biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- LEMON ICING
- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- 20g butter, softened
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Grease a 3cm deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat.
- Using a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add coconut and lemon rind. Stir to combine. Add hot butter mixture. Mix well to combine. Press mixture over the base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 1½ hours or until firm.
- Make lemon icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and lemon juice. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Spread icing over slice. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve.
If you loved our No Bake Lemon Slice, check our more of our Lemon recipes here.