I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen yesterday baking up a storm. It feels good to have the pantry and freezer restocked with some home baked treats. Muffins are always popular at our place – they freeze well and are perfect to pop into a lunchbox or bag as you head out to work or uni.
These muffins are moist and delicious, and full of yummy carrot and sultanas. They have lots of spices added which provide a wonderful flavour.
- ¾ cup plain (all purpose) flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sultanas (or raisins)
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 large carrots finely grated (200 g)
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice. Add the brown sugar and sultanas, and mix evenly through the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the old and eggs together, and add the finely grated carrot.
- Tip the oil and egg mixture into the dry mix. Fold gently together being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the mixture among 12 muffin pans.
- Bake for 190 degrees C (375 deg F) for around 15 minutes.