If you are after a quick slice to make for the family, you can’t go past white chocolate blondies. They are so quick to prepare, just melt and mix the ingredients. They taste perfect on their own without the need for any decoration. They work equally well served with milk for afternoon tea, or with ice-cream for a delicious dessert.
These blondies include melted white chocolate as well as white chocolate baking bits for a wonderful white chocolate hit. They aren’t the healthiest of treats but are great for when you need an indulgent sweet treat.
- 180 g (6.3 oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 125 g ( 1.1 sticks) butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup plan (all purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F). Grease a brownie pan and line with baking paper.
- Place the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of hot water and stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Fold through flour and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Cool in the tin and then cut into squares.