Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 116 in /home/aspoonfu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 345
Sarah has been on a quest over the past few years to find the “perfect” Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. She has baked so many different versions – some crispy, some chewy, some fudgey, some with nuts, some spicy. We have been willing taste testers and we think most of them were delicious.
Yesterday Sarah baked Jacques Torres’ Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and they were amazing. Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. The secret is using a combination of bread flour and pastry flour – which gave the cookies a lovely texture. The recipe makes a huge quantity (even for cookie lovers like us!) so Sarah halved the recipe and made a couple of minor adjustments which left us with just over 4 dozen.
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 230 g (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 7/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/8 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoons pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 450 g (1 pound) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 3175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Line baking sheets with baking paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, salt, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.