- 125 g (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1½ cups mashed pumpkin
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sultanas (raisins) with 1 tablespoon flour added to stop them sinking
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut and mashed pumpkin. Fold in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture into a lined large loaf tin (15 x 25 cm) and bake for 65 – 75 minutes in a moderate oven, until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Served sliced, with or without butter.
Pumpkin cake is healthy and delicious!
If you love Pumpkin recipes, you can find our recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Muffins over here.