Thanks for all the lovely comments on my little pouch design that I shared yesterday. Now that my trusty Pfaff is sewing smoothly again, I was able to complete the tutorial today.
- 2 fat 1/8′s quilting cotton – floral and polka dot
- 42 inches (107 cm narrow ribbon (1/4 inch wide)
5. Stitch around the seam allowance on both sides of the casing as shown in Photo 5.
6. Turn the floral part of the pouch so that the print is facing outwards. Place the lining inside the pouch. There will be 3/4 inch (2 cm) of the lining showing at the top and this will form the casing. Press this part of the lining down so that it is level with the top of the pouch. Fold under 1/4 inch along the edge of the casing.
7. Pin the casing in place.
8. Stitch along the top and bottom edge of the casing. Cut the ribbon in half lengthwise. Using a safety pin, thread the ribbon through the casing on one side, and right around to exit on the same side. Repeat with the other piece of ribbon from the other opening. Knot the ends of the ribbon. Press.