Do you ever see something on-line and then have to make it immediately? I am the first to admit I have obsessive crafting disorder (OCD). I spotted a free pattern for Pattern Weights over at Sew Daily yesterday and knew I had to make some up. Unfortunately I didn’t have any piping on hand so I designed my own version using yo-yo’s.
If you would like to make some you will need:
- fabric scraps
- metal washers ( approx 3/4 in or 20 mm in diameter)
- batting scraps
- Clover Yo-Yo Maker (Large) (this clever device makes yo-yo’s a breeze!)
- Trace a circle that is 1 1/2 in diameter (40 mm) onto a piece of batting and then cut it out.
- Layer two washers in the centre of the batting and stitch in place.
- Make a yo-yo as per the instructions on the yo-yo maker. Just before you gather up the yo-yo, position the circle of batting in the centre of the yo -yo. Gather up the yo-yo and secure it so that the batting and washers are enclosed in the yo-yo.
- Stitch on a button to the front of the yo-yo.