Gifts from the Kitchen!

Sarah has done all the Christmas baking this year – it is wonderful to have a daughter who is such a fabulous cook! We make a great team – she made the goodies and I worked on the packaging details.

First up, Sarah made some Chocolate Marble Bread that she baked into mini loaves. I wrapped them in cellophane, some scrap booking paper, and tied with a bow and tag.  Sarah made up some big loaves of this bread a few weeks ago and iced it with chocolate ganache and it is delicious!

Next was some Candy Cane Cookies which have become a speciality of Sarah’s over the past few years.  I sewed up some little bags out of baking paper to hold each cookie and trimmed the edges with my deckle scissors, and added a sticker with the cookie name. I found the sweetest candy striped paper bags at Kikki K to pack the cookies into.

Lastly, Sarah made some Chocolate Ginger Chews that she adapted from the Donna Hay Magazine (Spring Issue 47) She used some fresh grated ginger instead of ground ginger and they are delicious. I made some origami boxes that were lined with baking paper, and embellished with a simple punched tree.  The cookies were tied with bakers twine.

We love giving some home baked goodies to our family and friends at Christmas! What are your favourite Christmas treats to bake?

Posted by Sarah and Lisa

Comments

you both rock!
    yummy looking treats and gorgeous packaging!

I’ve done shortbread xmas trees drizzled with white chocolate, gingerbread men (that were too gingery)last year and this year I’m thinking rocky road if I get time

So very clever! I’ve been visiting my daughter and we’ve been combining talents at the crafts table and in the kitchen and it’s so much fun! Wish I lived near her so we could do it all of the time. Happy Holidays, karen

they all look fabulous! I love making mini puddings to give to people or pistachio and cranberry ‘bark’ (spread melted white chocolate on a baking sheet and sprinkle over the dried cranberries and chopped pistachios and then break into pieces once set). But I must say, my packaging is never as beautiful as yours!

Hi Lisa and Sarah,

What a great mother and daughter team. The baked goodies looks so delicious, it’s making very hungry. The packaging it great too!

I like to make Christmas cookies, which my daughter decorates with icing.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Mary

Everything looks so good, and is packaged so beautifully. You are my inspiration for next year! I already printed off the 2 recipes you gave links for. Could you possibly give us the Chocolate Ginger Chew recipe? I made some Candied Ginger Cookies this year that DH really liked. Thank you. Carmen