Quick Christmas Gift Tags

I know – it is really early to be talking about Christmas but we had some Paint colour cards in red and green colourways, and made some little festive tags. (The hardware store was closing down and I was in the right place to get a bag of paint chips).

These would make a fun kids craft. All you need is some paint cards (if you have any left over from a DIY project), a Christmas punch, a hole punch, and some ribbon. After punching the tree, I cut the top of the tag into a 45 degree angle, and used a corner punch to round the tip. I then punched a hole and threaded some ribbon, and now have a whole batch of tags ready for Christmas.

Posted by Lisa

Comments

What a fantastic idea! And with those fiskars Halloween punches you could do the same thing for Halloween tags too.. they had some really cute ones this year.

Thanks for sharing this terrific idea!

I love this idea so much that I picked up a bunch of red and green paint color cards at the home improvement store this weekend. Now I just need the tree punch and some cool ribbon. Thanks for sharing this creative idea!

Love the gift tag idea Lisa and No it’s definitely not too early to start thinking about xmas, it’s only a couple of months away now…
    BTW, I love all of the other great recycled crafts that you’ve been doing of late too..

Jodie :)

I raided Bunnings on the weekend – I felt a little naughty – but what the heck – most people take them then chuck them away – lets say that I am doing some salemanship for them – He He!!

Just found your blog. What great ideas! Hope you don’t mind, but I’ve done a post on my blog recommending yours. Do you mind if i copy just one of your photos to give some colour to the post?

Great ideas on your blog. I can use them with my class. Thank you. But tell me please, what is Mod Plodge and where do you get it?

My word verification for this commet was ‘snonging’. What a delightful word.

Why didn’t I think of that?! I bought three rolls of Christmas paper (two on clearance last year, and one from my nephew’s school fund raiser). I think I’ll take snippets of them with me to match colors!

Oh! Or you could color code them for each member of your family! The possibilities are endless!

I always make a point of strolling back on previous post…I’m glad I did! These gift tags are such an inventively adorable idea. I’m happy not to have missed out.
    Thank you for visiting my humble blog. Please come again.
    May I spotlight you and your tags on a future post? Let me know.

Sweet Wishes,
    Sara

9. Anonymous says

I think I would use the tree that you punched out on the opposite color of card and glue it on somewhere.Maybe with foam to give it dimension.
    Great idea. Nearly half made when you get them!

10. Ellen says

Cute idea, but how would you get enough red & green paint color cards. I don’t think it would be right to just go to a store and take the number I would need.

11. Anonymous says

Howdy fantastic blog! Does running a blog similar to this take a large amount of work? I have no knowledge of computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, should you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject however I just had to ask. Thanks!