Since making the Modern Circle Pillow last week, I have had circles on the brain. I cranked out a bunch of felt circles using the Go! Baby. Then I stitched them together and had a garland in under an hour. I am full of the flu at the moment and this was about all the crafting I have the energy for.
Thoughts on the project:
- I used up felt scraps in lime, green, red and white that I had in my stash. I found that the cheap acrylic felt is stiffer and works better for this project as the circles hold their shape better.
- Using masking tape, I marked 1 inch on either side of the needle on the sewing machine. This made it really fast to line up the circles and feed them through. (See image below)
- This would be a fun project for a child who is learning to sew. It comes together quickly and garlands can be made for any occasion or to add some colour to a bedroom.
- You could cut the circles out of scrapbooking paper for a different look. Accuquilt recommend not to use the Go!Baby to cut large amounts of paper, and to treat the dies as you would your fabric cutting scissors. Paper punches in a 2 inch circle size are readily available and would also make for a quick project. It would look great in double sided paper.
- It is tricky to photograph garlands!