These Maple Cookies are delicious warm from the oven! Quick to prepare, these cookies are a favourite in our home. Crisp on the outside and slightly chewy in the centre, they have a delicate maple flavour.
- 1½ sticks (170g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cups granulated sugar + ¼ cup for coating cookie balls
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- Line cookie sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, syrup, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix in flour. Stir until well-combined.
- Cover mixing bowl, and allow your dough to chill in the fridge for at least an hour, or freeze for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 deg C)
- Pull your bowl out of the fridge. Roll your dough into 1-1/2 inch balls with your palms.
- Fill a small bowl with remaining ½ cup sugar. Roll each ball in the sugar to coat.
- Line cookie sheet with baking paper. Place cookie balls at least 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet. Press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Package cookies in a cellophane bag and seal with a strip of fabric tape. They are a sweet treat to take in your lunchbox or on a picnic.
Fabric Tape is Memory Lane by Tilda.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our other maple recipes.