Time for baking has been in short supply lately so I love recipes that can be made quickly and easily. This Caramel Coconut Slice is an old family favourite. It freezes well so is perfect to pop into lunchboxes for a morning tea treat.
This slice has a biscuit base and a coconut, caramel and chocolate filling. It is perfect on its own or with a dusting of icing sugar.
- 125 g (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 11/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease and line a 19 cm x 29 cm (7.5 x 11.5 inch) lamington pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour. Press into base of pan and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Spread with topping, and bake for a further 25 minutes or until topping is set.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
- Topping: beat eggs and essence in small bowl until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar and bet until combined. Stir in flour, coconut, and choc chips. Mix well.