Covered Tape Measure Tutorial

I had a number of lovely comments about the Covered Tape Measure that I made for Carla as part of Linda’s Pincushion Swap. So I have whipped up a couple more and made a tutorial for those that are interested! They are quick and easy, and a great way to use up those little scraps!

You can find the Tutorial here! I have also added a link in the side bar.
EDIT: The cardboard template is removed after you have pressed the top and bottom pieces.

EDIT: Have just added some new photos for a Flower Tape Measure here.

You can embellish your covered tape measure by adding embroidered details, yo yo’s, buttons, appliques etc. If you make any, I would love to see them!

For your daily sugar fix you can subscribe or follow us on facebooktwitter, and google plus.

Comments

Love this! Thanks for sharing – However…remember you didn’t know what Mod Podge was, well…What the heck is vlisoflex (Sp?) Going to put this on my to do list…your handsewing (slipstitch) is fantastic. Did you sew from the inside or outside? I don’t see a stitch at all.

Great tutorial. If it’s ok with you I’ll link it on my blog, some of the swappers may like to include it in their swap bags.

i agree great tute
    i need to get a little stock pile of tape measures so i can make bunches!!!!
    thanks! and you do just use the cardboard as a template, right? you dont leave it in…

I also love the tutorial and appreciate it very much. Like the other Susan, I wondered about the cardboard… leave it in, take it out?

What great little gifts these will be!

That is so cool and so timely! I have a covered one that I adore and recently bought a bunch of uncovered ones to make. Of course, I had to figure out how to do it and now I don’t! Thank you!

Lisa, your tutorial looks lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us! I want to give this a try. Of course I need more time in my day to get all of the things I want to try done. Hopefully I can try this soon.

How cute! Thanks for the tutorial! I am going to have to make one. Maybe one for my husband too, I can just see him carrying one around on a construction job.

Hi Lisa,

It’s been a while since I’ve stopped by for a visit. I have been much too busy! There are so many cool things to see. I wish I could smell your soap. Your Baby Lime Syrup Cakes look divine. And, I love the covered tape measures. Mine is a hideous pink plastic thing. I can’t wait to try this.

Toodles,
    Cassie

Lisa,
    I am an avid crafter and a team member of our local community craft group, which is a not for profit organisation, in fact we only charge a $3 entrance fee to cover costs and offer free craft classes (none of the teachers get paid and they teach voluntarily). I was wondering if you would kindly give me permission to copy your tutorial instructions and teach a small group of ladies your Covered Tape Measures. I have made a number of these wonderful Covered Tape Measures myself as gifts for crafting friends and as we are always looking for new things to teach at our group I thought that this would fit in nicely with my theme for next term called ‘One Week Wonders’. I am hoping to teach quick to make crafts that can be completed in a couple of hours. I wait to hear your response and any conditions that you may have.
    Regards Jane 8o)

I would love to make this, but your bandwidth has been exceeded. Can I get your 4 tutorials in e-mail form? mlhefner at gmail dot com. Thanks!

11. Anonymous says

Do you know seal cegel? I like it.
    My brother often go to the internet bar to buy sealonline cegel and play it.
    After school, He likes playing games using these seal online cegel with his friends.
    I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap seal cegeland play the game with me.
    I came to the bar following him and found buy seal online cegelwas so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

Do you know buy lindens? I like it.
    My brother often go to the internet bar to buy second life linden and play it.
    After school, He likes playing games using these cheap linden with his friends.
    I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many linden dollars and play the game with me.
    I came to the bar following him and found secondlife money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

You know ,I have some priston tale Gold,and my friend also has some priston tale Money,do you kouw they have the same meaning,I just want to buy priston tale Gold,because there are many cheap priston tale GoldYou know ,I have some wonderland Gold,and my friend also has some wonderland online Gold,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
    wonderland money,I just want to
    buy wonderland Gold,because there are many
    cheap wonderland online Gold

Thanks for the cute tutorial. I was very happy with how mine turned out. Your instructions were great, & the photos were very helpful.