With Valentines Day just around the corner, I have been working on a few new projects inspired by love. First up is a quick scrap buster project – Love Notes. These mini cards feature a cut out heart with pretty fabric showing through. It is a fun project to showcase your favourite fabric scraps. I used Flower Sugar by Lecien Fabrics – pretty florals, polka dots, and gingham in shades of red. I used good quality textured cardstock – simple but effective! After a busy Christmas/new Year period, it was wonderful to return to my craft room today.
Love Notes would be a great project for children to make their friends for Valentines Day. All you need is a few simple supplies, and they can be quickly constructed in under an hour.
How cute is this vintage Valentine from the 1950’s.
If you would like to make your own Love Notes, you will need:
Heart Punch such as Fiskars X-large punch
Fabric Scraps such as Flower Sugar by Lecien Fabrics
- Cut a piece of cardstock that measure 7 inches x 2 inches.
- Cut a heart in the centre of the card using a craft punch.
- Fold the card into three equal sections.
- Cut a piece of double sided adhesive that measures approx 2 x 2 1/4 inches.
5. Peel off the backing to the adhesive sheet, and adhere to the back of fabric. Cut the fabric to size. Remove the adhesive backing, and stick to the left side of the card.
6. Fold the card into three, so that the fabric is visible on the front of the card, through the heart cut out. Use a few drops of glue or some narrow double sided tape to stick the fabric flap in place.
If you liked our Love Notes Project, check out our Heart of the Home Mini Quilt pattern on Etsy (available for immediate download).