I love the flavour of banana muffins and they are great to bake when you have a few over ripe bananas on hand. These Banana Choc Chip Muffins are quick to prepare and only need 12-15 minutes in the oven. Once they have cooled, pop them in the freezer. Then you can add them to your lunch box and they are defrosted in time for morning tea/recess.
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 grams (0.88 sticks) butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and choc chips.
- In another bowl, melt the butter. Remove from heat and then add the milk, egg, and vanilla, and beat well.Mash the banana and add to the wet mix.
- Tip the wet mix into the dry mix and fold together carefully until just combined. The mixture should still be lumpy.
- Line 18 holes of a muffin pan with paper liners. Divide the mixture between the paper case. Bake at 220 deg C (430 deg F) for 12-15 mins.
Check out our favourite banana recipes here.