It is hard to believe that Easter is just over 2 weeks away! It is one of our favourite holidays. After our long hot summer, everything starts to cool down around Easter and we feel more like entertaining. It is a time for catching up with family and friends and enjoying hot cross buns, delicious Easter treats, leisurely family dinners, and of course – Easter eggs. We have started some Easter baking and have been decorating our home with some simple touches in preparation for the Easter holidays.
Make a lasting impression with your guests with these simple and easy Easter decorating ideas. Make you family and friends feel special by putting some care into your table setting and decorations. Homewares with metallic accents are really on trend at the moment. We found some lovely affordable pieces at Target (from the Celebrate range) and they will be perfect for our Easter entertaining. They add a celebratory touch and will look great for Easter breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
We always start our Easter morning with toasted hot cross buns for breakfast. They will look great on our Celebrate Platter and matching side plates. The gelati coloured latte bowls are perfectly sized for breakfast cereal, or perhaps some maple flavoured porridge or yoghurt and fresh berries.
These bone china Celebrate mugs are clean and modern, and complement the Life Teapot and sugar/creamer set. Perfect for our Easter breakfast cuppa!
It wouldn’t be Easter without some Easter cupcakes for our morning tea. Seasonal treats such as Easter cupcakes add a decorative element to your table. This year we made some delicious vanilla cupcakes, topped with a swirl of lemon coloured buttercream frosting, and decorated with a mini Lindt chocolate bunny. We bought the Easter themed cupcake liners at Target, and displayed them on our Celebrate cake stand. Simple to prepare and ideal for Easter entertaining. We have shared the recipe below.
Make your Easter table inviting by using elements such as colourful Easter eggs, pretty placemats, fresh flowers, and simple servingware. If you are looking for a quick table setting idea for a family gathering, add a few mini eggs and a small chocolate bunny to a small porcelain dip bowl. Add some shredded paper grass, and some contrasting plates. We used the Rim Life dinner plate, the Celebrate silver plater and a striped tea towel as a placemat. This place setting is sure to please young and old!
If you are looking for a more sophisticated Easter table setting use a monochromatic colour scheme, metallic accents, and natural accents such as leaves and fresh eggs. We layered some contrasting plates, and added an olive branch from our garden and a natural egg decorated with a monogram. A white napkin and cutlery tied with some silver ribbon completes the setting.
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 125 g castor (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 125 g self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 125 g butter (1 stick), softened
- 3 cups icing (confectioners) sugar
- 2 – 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- yellow food colouring
- 12 chocolate bunnies
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place all the ingredients, apart from the milk in a food processor, and process under smooth. Pulse while dropping the milk down the funnel until the mixture has a soft, dropping consistency.
- Divide the mixture amongst the 12 cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cakes are cooked and golden on top. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate cooled cakes with yellow frosting and add a small chocolate bunny on top.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and on medium speed of an electric mixer beat until smooth. Add the sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy, about 5-7 minutes. Gradually add the remaining milk or until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. Add a few drops of food colouring and mix thoroughly.
- Place icing in piping bag with Wiltons 2D Tip. Pipe swirls onto cupcakes. Add chocolate bunny.
Enjoy the simple pleasures of spending time with family and friends this Easter. Create the perfect look by selecting some timeless homewares from the affordable range at Target.