Thanks for all the lovely feedback and comments on our Triangular Pencil Case! Due to popular demand we have put together a tutorial so you can make your own pencil case.
The triangular pencil case is the perfect project for using some of your treasured scraps. It features a patchwork panel on each side, and you can embellish it with pompom trim, appliqué patches, or ribbon to put your own creative spin on it. This project is suitable for anyone with some basic zipper skills.
Making a Pencil Case
- Cut 6 rectangles measuring 3 x 2 1/4 inches
- Cut 1 rectangle measuring 8 x 4 1/2 inches
- Cut 2 triangles measuring 2 3/4 inches on each side
- Cut 1 rectangle measuring 8 x 8 inches (lining)
- Cut 2 triangles measuring 2 3/4 inches on each side (lining)
- cotton batting measuring 8 x 12 inches
- Zipper – 7 inches in length or longer
3. Quilt the layers together as desired, and trim batting. Add pompom trim/appliqués/ribbon etc as desired.