Lucky Charm Quilt

If you are after a quilt pattern that is well suited to using charm squares, you may wish to check out the Lucky Charm Quilt PDF Quilt Pattern in our Etsy store.

I have made two quilts in this design. This one used Hunky Dory by Chez Moi for Moda –

Published in Homespun Magazine

and this one used Amy Butler Midwest Modern, plus some Farmers Market by Sandi Henderson.

Midwest Modern Quilt

This quilt design comes together quickly and is perfect for beginner and intermediate quilters. It would make a great design for a baby quilt or lap quilt.

For your daily sugar fix you can subscribe or follow us on facebooktwitter, and google plus.

Those quilts are adorable Lisa. I’ve been thinking about using my Christmas charms in a setting like this — just can’t decide whether I want the blocks on point or not!

2. Beth Langhorst says

I just purchased the pattern for this lovely quilt….and it will be my first attempt! I’m wondering if I can adjust the dimensions to the standard crib size..45×60..would that be possible?

• A Spoonful of Sugar says

Hi Beth The quilt is assembled on the diagonal. Just add rows until you get to the desired size. Happy sewing! Lisa

3. Judy Dengler says

I’m finally making this quilt in a smaller version about 42″ square for my first grand child, which is a girl!! Anyway, as I was working my way thru it I noticed that the steps are numbered from 1 thru 5 then skip to #10 thru 15 and I appear to have all 5 pages of the pdf. Am I missing anything or was it just misnumbered?
    Thank you and it is turning out quite sweet. I’m using 2 charm packs of Benartex, Sweet Baby Rose fabrics.

• A Spoonful of Sugar says

Sweet Baby Rose fabric will be perfect! So sorry for the confusion – there was a misnumbering issue but all the steps are there in order.When assembling the rows I press them all in the same direction – it doesn’t matter which direction you choose. Best wishes on the arrival of your little grandchild.

4. Judy Dengler says

I forgot 1 more question. When pressing the rows as I sew each row together, which way do you suggest I press the seams? As I did each row I followed your direction to press into corner squares and 5″ squares, but when assembling them all together I need to know which way is preferred since it all has to be one way or the other? I hope that made sense.
    Thank you again!