Life has been busy here lately. It was lovely to find a some free time yesterday on my day off to bake a treat for after school snacking.
Chocolate Chip slice has been a family favourite for many years, and is super quick to prepare. In fact it was in the oven in under 10 minutes, and only takes around 25 minutes to cook. It is basically like a chocolate chip cookie mix that has been baked as a slice in a brownie pan.
It is a great “go to” recipe when time is short but you want to make something from scratch.
Chocolate Chip Slice
- 125 g (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 110 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 75 g (1/3 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g (1 cup) plain (all purpose) flour
- 125 g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips