When decorating our living room for the holidays we like to mix it up a bit. As well as putting up the Christmas tree and decorations, we change many of our ornaments, cushions, and wall art, to make the room more festive.
Our living room furnishings are primarily in shades of brown and cream. When we spotted the lovely Joyeux Noel Cushion at Target we knew it would suit our French Christmas theme and match our existing décor It is made from linen and is such a classical design.
We also wanted to add some red/white cushions to brighten up our living room and to co-ordinate with our decorations and Christmas table. One inexpensive way to make cushions is to use tea towels (dish cloths). As we will only be using the cushions for a few weeks we didn’t want to invest too much time or money into making them. We found the perfect red/white tea towels for this project.
These tea towel cushions are so quick to make – seriously they took less than 30 minutes each.
- Fold the tea towel in half, with the right sides facing.
- Pin the three open sides together.
- Stitch around the open sides, leaving a 10 cm gap on one of the short sides for turning.Clip corners.
- Turn out the right way. Press.
- Stuff with fibrefill.
- Hand stitch the opening closed using a ladder stitch.