Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 113 in /home/aspoonfu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 346
Candy Cane recipes are always so festive at this time of year. This week Sarah backed up a batch of chocolate cupcakes that she decorated with a peppermint buttercream frosting, and shards of crushed candy cane on the top. She tried a new technique of brushing the inside of the piping bag with three stripes of Christmas Red Wilton Icing colour. Love how the piped buttercream looks like a candy cane.
- One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.