We are big coffee drinkers in our home and especially love Vanilla Flavoured Coffee. Yummm. We have a coffee machine with a built in grinder, and occasionally treat ourselves to flavoured coffee beans. If you want to make your own flavoured coffee beans, they are so quick and easy to prepare, and have a fabulous taste. Best of all, you can create your own flavour blend.
Over the past few weeks I have been experimenting with different techniques and flavours to make our own flavoured coffee beans. Our favourite has to be Vanilla Coffee –
Vanilla Flavoured Coffee Beans
- Purchase freshly roasted coffee beans.
- Place approx 1/2 kg (1 lb) coffee beans into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add 3-4 vanilla beans that have been split down the centre and mix them in with the coffee beans.
- Allow the vanilla and coffee beans at least 24 hours to infuse (or longer if you want a more intense flavour). Remove the vanilla pods and use the coffee as desired.
- Store coffee beans in an air tight container in a dry, dark place at room temperature. Glass, ceramic or non reactive metal containers make the best storage for coffee beans.