M & M cookies are always popular in our home! They bring back memories of our time living in the USA. The supermarkets used to give the kids freshly baked cookies to munch on while we did the grocery shopping – and they always selected the M & M Cookies.
Sarah made up a batch of M & M Cookies last weekend. This recipe uses a tin of condensed milk in the mixture which gave the cookies a lovely crumbly and chewy texture, whilst still being light and crisp on the outside – a real winner.
- 180 g butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 395 g (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 250 g (8 oz) chocolate chips or mini M & M ‘s
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 deg F)
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in sweetened condensed milk
- Stir in flour and M & M’s, mix well
- Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, place on oven trays and press down gently
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.