50th Wedding Anniversary

Last week, my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

We celebrated the happy occasion with a lovely cocktail party last weekend with family and friends. As it was their golden anniversary, the theme was gold.
Mum and I made the invitations….
and Mum made all the flower centrepieces, which were arranged on mirror tiles, with some scattered gold and white hearts on the tables.
We made up chocolate Bride and Groom boxes as party favours. I used the Cricut Tie the Knot cartridge for the boxes, and then embossed the dresses with the Cuttlebug. Mum assembled all the boxes and added the ribbon and pearls.
Mum ordered the cake from Sugar and Spice. They printed one of their wedding photos on a layer of fondant for the top of the cake (white chocolate mud cake) – it was delicious.
Mum’s wedding dress was on display. My sister and I used to love trying her dress on when we were kids.

It was a wonderful party and we all thoroughly enjoyed helping them celebrate such a special milestone.

Congratulations Mum and Dad – you are truly an inspiration to all the family.

Comments

This is so VERY WONDERFUL!!!!!
    You never find marriages like this anymore…so glad you got to help in the celebration…looks Delightful!!
    Congratulations…. to all of you!:)

wow, I love the look of all the details and how you created them together… Special moments to keep in your memory forever!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Maaike

what a wonderful pary that must have been. I love all the decorations, and I love that your moms dress was on display! That is a brilliant idea :)

Congratulations on your parents’ 50th anniversary! The cake looks delicious, and the tables are so pretty!
    My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary next month, and you gave me some great ideas here- thank you!

Happy Anniversary to your mum and dad Lisa, what a great milestone. Everything looked divine and those wedding dress favour boxes are eye catching.
    xx

Absolutely beautiful Lisa! Bit choked up actually – what an amazing milestone and such beautiful cake/invitations/favors… I love that your Mum’s dress was on display! Congratulations to your parents!

Warm wishes, Vikki :-)

so beautiful. beyond glad I found your blog. I’m a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 2 months ago. It’s all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

What a wonderful occassion to celebrate. I love all the details for the party especially the chocolate boxes. What a great idea displaying the wedding dress.