Bedroom Makeover

Over the past couple of weeks we have been putting the finishing touches to Sarah’s bedroom. The new quilt looks so fresh and pretty in her room, and the red and aqua colour scheme is perfect for a teen. I made a matching pillowcase, and am currently working on a cushion.

Sarah is making some sleep shorts in Aqua Bliss at school. I made a couple of matching mats to put on her bedside table and drawers.

We even found some red and white lanterns at Typo, our new favourite store that has recently opened in WA. I love the Eiffel Tower mirror that we found in Sportsgirl.

I gave Sarah the jewellery tree for Christmas and it is perfect for storing/displaying her long necklaces. It is a “Paint your own Apple Tree” from Red Revival, we plan on painting it white in the not too distant future.

Sarah has organised her desk with lots of red and blue accessories. She was fortunate to receive a Mac Book last week at school as part of the Government’s Laptop Program for high school students. She customised her cover with red and white polka dots.

This afternoon Sarah has made up a batch of cupcakes with a chocolate ganache – I am looking forward to having one for afternoon tea.

I photographed the cupcake using my new portable light box that my husband bought me for Christmas. It is so quick to set up near a corner window for great macro shots.

Comments

Those lanterns! You were so right…they are gorgeous! I’m loving all the little touches that you and Sarah have added to her room…next catch-up will have to be at your house, so I can have a proper squizz :)

wow, what a gorgeous post! I love the style in Sarah’s bedroom, the colours are amazing… And that portable light box is a very clever thing! Have a great weekend,
    love Maaike

Your daughter’s room looks lovely – she’ll never want to leave! The Eiffel Tower mirror is great and I love the cute little notepad. The light box is fantastic- I always think the Australian light is too harsh!

I love a co-ordined room especially for young/teen people. It allows for their personal expressions (ie. mess) without driving you nutty. You have the perfect colours going on here too. Cherrie

That is a very nice room for a teen! I love the quilt and the Eiffeltower mirror and the jewelry tree…
    My little girl is turning six this year and we plan on doing a makeover in her room, too, because she will need a desk to do her homework at and some other “big girl” things instead of her little play table …
    I just decided to make her a new quilt also, because she is outgrowing her bed quilt that I gave her for her third birthday ..
    Oh my, she is growing so fast.
    Jule

Lisa, Sarah is a lucky girl!! You are such a wonderful mom and talented as well! Her new room is lovely! All so perfect!
    I wish you have a joyful weekend beside your dear family!!
    Love!
    Bela

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your color combinations. I have aqua and red in my livingroom and kitchen. I LOVE the red and white polka dots and have been adding polka dotted accents to my kitchen. My MOm thinks I am nuts but they are sooo fun!
    Great room!

I’m loving Sara’s new room! Makes me wish I had such fabulous decor when I was a teen. I especially love how the mat for the bedside table coordinates so perfectly with her beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Who wouldn’t LOVE that precious bedroom. I love all the red even though red is not my color. Great decorating job.

Note: nice to see a library book next to her bed!

Smiles and have a fun days.

Awesome room! I love the lightbox, too. Would you mind sharing what kind it is? I’ve been looking for a better one than what I have. Thank you!

Love the make over. Did Sarah enjoy the book Gemma and I are Picoult fans. I have just ordered a light tent thanks for the inspiration.

Just found your blog today by way of Craft Gossip. I LOve a lot of your ideas! This room makeover is awesome. You could certainly come and makeover any room in my home. LOL
    Can I ask where you got the portable lightbox? Thanks so much!

It looks very pretty. I’m sure Sarah loved it. Those little geisha are also adorable. I wish I can come up with something amazing as this when I decorate my daughter’s bedroom.