The Postman Always Rings Twice ….

I was trying to get a head start on the weekend cleaning today but was interrupted by two deliveries.  My designer copies of Stitch and Quilting Arts Gifts arrived within minutes of each other. I think both are due to hit the news stands this week and they are also available from the Interweave Store.

I am looking forward to sitting down later with a nice cuppa to read through them properly. From what I have seen so far, they both have plenty of inspiring projects and articles, and feature many of my favourite bloggers. I was most excited to find out that Stitch will now be published four times a year.

Here is a little peak at my projects -

A Recycled Denim Wine Tote that I made using an old pair of Sarah’s jeans. I added some sashiko inspired stitchery to the front, and reattached a pocket on the back to store a corkscrew.

A Travel Tie Portfolio – a fun gift for Dad’s or business travellers. I made this out of a Indonesian sarong that I repurposed, and added a cute tie appliqué to the front.

My Advent Houses – I can’t wait to string them up this Christmas!

Hope you don’t mind me sharing! Even though I have been lucky enough to have some of my designs published in the past, I still get a huge thrill seeing them in print. I still can’t believe that my houses made the cover:)

Comments

Thrilled you shared them, we can share in your excitement…congrats on being published. These are all fabulous ideas by the way, love those cute houses. xo

What Janelley said :) Love seeing your projects in print…I almost feel famous by association LOL
    A big congratulations on making the cover. Those little houses are too cute!

Lisa the tie portfolio idea is so cool! It’s always hard to think of bloke gifts so that one is really going to be on my list of must dos. And the houses are such cuties – I can already picture how I could inividualise them. Hope I don’t have to wait too long for the book to hit NZ shores…… well done you:) Ciao

Mind you sharing?!! LOVE it!!!

I saw the latest Quilted Arts gifts front cover on the Interweave site recently, and thought how cute those houses were and how I *must* find a copy of that magazine! How delightful to discover they are yours!!!! Congratulations Lisa! Enjoy the thrill sweetheart – I’m thrilled for you! I love your Tie project too – and the wine tote, you really have got that special *something* when it comes to design – I greatly admire your work!

Hugs sweetie! Vikki xx

What a THRILL–Congrats on the pattern features, Lisa! That tie keeper for traveling is a terrific idea! I just love your designs! :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

That is fun to see your name and project in print. The projects look great can’t wait to get the next Stitch see it all. It’s one of my favorite magazines.

You should be thrilled each and every time, Lisa, when your design gets published! Something to be very proud of!
    You have such good and creative ideas and a great way with colors and patterns. I just love those little houses. No wonder they made the cover. It makes people want to buy the magazine!

Stitch is one of my favorite magazines and how fitting that you would be in it! You are so so talented : ) Love love love the little advent houses!

I haven’t seen either of these issues on the newsstands yet; wish the postman would stop by my house with copies! Congrats on getting these fabulous patterns published! I adore that wine bag and those Advent houses are going to be a must for me this year. Well done, Lisa!

lisa, i loved the little houses when i saw the first advertisement for the magazine on their website, now i love them even more knowing you were the clever designer. well done to you!

Dear Lisa, while reading your post I got so proud of you!!! Can’t explain that feeling…as if I knew you for a long time!!!
    The houses are adorable and they are exactly where they should be: on the cover!!!!
    Hugs!!! Bela.

Great sewing patterns. I particulary like the tie organiser as most patterns are for either children or females so it’s good to see something for men.