Pass the Envelope Please!

With the current economic climate, it has never been a better time to embrace Green Crafting. Being able to repurpose or recycle bits and pieces from around your home is very satisfying. Crafting with recycled materials is also great for kids projects – it teaches them about recycling as well as crafting on a budget. I have been very interested in all the projects popping up lately using recycled security envelopes.

I kept all my envelopes that came in the mail last week. Today I had some fun putting them to good use! First up was a mini shopping pad to keep in my handbag, made from a cereal box, paper, and decorated with security envelopes.

I love the soothing, understated patterns of security envelopes – perfect for embellishing gift tags!

Here are some small envelopes made to store small templates from sewing projects.

Here are some other cool ideas:

Security Envelope Projects at Junk Mail Gem

Business Card Envelopes at Crafting in a Green World

Inside Out Security Envelopes at Design * Sponge

We also wanted to thank the wonderful Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co for bestowing us with an award recently. Sandra makes so many stylish products including journal covers and snap pouches. Be sure to check out her awesome tutorial for making iron on labels!

Our blogging friend, Tania, from Jet Craft Books is having a 100th post giveaway with some very generous prizes! Please drop over to enter.

Posted by Lisa

Comments

I can’t believe I have let the possibilities of security envelopes pass right by. Very slick stuff indeedy – and thanks for making me open up my eyeballs to endless possibility!

That’s cool Lisa…really very clever. I love that you have made something useful too, not just decorative. I am finding myself wishing for more bills to arrive in the mail LOL!

I am totally ‘huh’. Now I have seen it all. Out of a cereal box.

You are so incredible. Are you a real person?

Love Renee xoxo

I will never look at an envelope the same again. I saw some fabulous jewellery made out of envelopes last week, its amazing what we can do if we think outside of the square.
    Linda

Great idea! What a fantastic and stylish way to repurpose! Feeling like you have something new and beautiful has never been so easy!

wow! who would have thought, looks too good to use. I have done my bit this week recycling a bookcase I didnt like into a new one!

I would have never thought of this – and love, love, love the way those patterns look! I am going to recycle an empty cereal box into a paper tray so I can start saving those security envelopes! As always, thank you for the superb ideas.

What great ideas and fun use of patterns!! I love how green and chic these look at the same time…really fab stuff here!:>

Great post on how to reuse and recycle those junk mail envelopes. I love that you have recycled something that is otherwise considered junk. Way to go and so cute too!