Quick Project: Recipe Folder

Photo Credit: Silver Magazine May 2009

Do you have a pile of recipes that you have cut out of magazines or printed from the internet? I know I did, and I was forever searching through them trying to locate a particular recipe. I have recently put together a recipe folder using some patterned papers and some simple scrapbooking techniques. My recipes were sorted in next to no time!! This would make a great Mothers Day project filled with favourite family recipes!

Materials:

• A4 2 ring binder with front insert pocket
  • pack of 5 A4 dividers with clear plastic tabs
  • 7 sheets of A4 patterned paper
  • coloured card
  • ribbon
  • double sided tape

Using a computer, design and print out labels for the divider tabs, and a title for the folder. Using double sided tape, attach a piece of patterned paper to each of the dividers. Assemble a cover page for the binder using a mix of patterned and solid coloured paper, and ribbon. Position the title on the cover page and slip into the insert pocket. Slip your favourite recipes into plastic sleeves and your project is complete.

Posted by Lisa

Comments

Lisa is this another project that you have had published. Great idea and i agree with Carrie it would make a great wedding present or better yet a kitchen tea present.
    Linda

If you’re ever looking for another recipe stash to sort… mine is spread over three over-stuffed journals with lots of recipes scrawled on the backs of envelopes and scrap paper – mostly from when I lived overseas and rang my Mum for recipes of my favourite things.

They look great.
    I think my recipe “collection” could use a bit of a spruce up. Or rather a severe culling. I have about 3 of those gigantic folders full of them… a little much?

What a great project! I definitely need one of these lovely folders cuz my recipes are binder clipped together, not so lovely. Thank for the inspiration!

oh wow… My recipe journal which is awesome is looking rather ‘well used’ especially since the children like to bake (read: generously share with the benchtop and everything else!) as well. The organiser tabs/dividers are what makes it I think – as well as the pretty paper of course! Now… to see if my Mum can print me off some labels like that! LOL
    Beautiful!

What a lovely project. Love the colours. My recipes get hacked out of magazines and pasted into an old exercise book – not nearly so glamorous! Lucy xx

Should I really be meaning this Lisa. That a recipe book looks so beautiful.

You are brilliant.

If we were make apple pies out of my picture, I know I would be peeling my 13th apple while you had already made 58 pies.

Love Renee xoxo

Lisa is he there for the day or the week? I can imagine, I too always got butterflies when my kids went away even when they were older than 14.

But he is your son so I can imagine him doing wonderful and having a great time.

Make sure he calls you every night if he is away over night.

I wish I could have one of your apple pies too.

I can only imagine how yummy that would be.

It also would probably have some kind of apple skirt on it and it would probably know how to draw a pumpkin pie.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Wow Lisa what a fantastic achievement as well as experience. Well you certainly cannot stand in the way of world progress.

How amazing for him. You must be so proud.

He will make you proud of that there is no doubt.

I see the apple doesn’t fall far from the trees.

One of 30 students in the country; that is huge.

Even I’m proud because I adore his Mom and so I feel I have touched shoulders with genius.

Love Renee xoxoxo

I’ve just about finished making up my new recipe folder and already have had an order for one to be made for my sister.I’ll post pic’s on my blog when they’re both done.Thanks for a fantastic and easy turtorial.Barb

Lisa I am so glad he got there. Which I was sure he would.

I was telling my son that your son was one of 30 across the country and he was saying how cool it is on so many levels for your son.

Cool to be with other intelligent people and to see how intelligence totally rocks. Seeing it raised instead of put down by people who possible don’t achieve to higher goals.

xoxoxo

Now if only I had time to cook something worthy of such a beautiful folder!
    Congratulations Lisa on that long list of publications in your side bar!!! Well done my friend!

That is a very pretty and practical idea! I think I might make something similar for my mom. Thanks for always sharing such great tips and projects, but that are also easy to do, and rather inexpensive as well. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Lisa,
    If you pop over to my blog you’ll see I’ve just put a picture up of the recipe folder I made up yesterday using your fantastic tutorial.Now to get all those magazine pages out of hiding and start organizing…..Yipee! :) Barb.

15. Denise S says

I love this! I’ve been looking to buy a recipe folder for my collection of recipes printed off the internet, handwritten notes, magazine cut-outs etc, and hadn’t thought to make my own. What a great idea, and your recipe book looks great, thanks for sharing! I’m looking forward to creating my own :)