Fabric Scrap-a-thon

According to the Oxford dictionary, a Scrap (n) is “a small piece; rubbish: waste material.” Anina from Tiddletails had an interesting post recently on what constitutes a scrap. Opinions vary widely, but whatever your definition, there is something very satisfying about using up all those little “scraps” and creating something new. Scrap projects are very popular around the blogosphere at the moment.

I colour coded my scraps on the weekend, and then set about creating a few scrap projects.

I made a Loyalty card wallet to match my latest handbag

….coasters to match my latest cushions….

… a placemat mat to match a table runner…..

…a zippered pouch to store first aid supplies when travelling….

…and some scrappy log cabins which will eventually become a quilt.

My scrap pile now looks more manageable!!

Posted by Lisa

Comments

I love all of your projects, but that first aid supply bag covered in little band-aids is just the cutest thing ever!

Thank you, too, for the kind thoughts you left on my blog – they were very appreciated.

I love all the ideas. You are a very clever, craft gal. I especially love the first aid bag, and the log cabin quilt start. Those are fantastic colors!

I just can’t tell which project I like most, they are all so pretty! The first aid bag is so cute! I love scraps, they always look so good!

Oh wow that is truly amazing. I’ll never look at a scrap the same way again!
    Love the loyalty card wallet. I would love to get rid of all of those out of my real wallet.

wow you were ridiculously productive!! I agree the bandaids are super cute but so are all your other projects! I am jealous that you are organized too… i chase that dream :)

Whoa! You went scrap-happy! So many beautiful things Lisa. I love the loyalty card wallet. What a brilliant idea. My loyalty cards seem to be multiplying!

Did you emerge from your sewing space to eat? Great projects, all of them. Love the ER kit with the bandaids and the little piece of fabric with the writing about lunar crust in your scrappy log cabin. Love fabric with words.

Wow, you have been very busy! Everything looks so nice. I’ve never heard about a loyalty card wallet. It looks very pretty and handy. And such a good idea to make it match your handbag.
    Look forward to your log cabin quilt. I’ve never made one – always wanting to. This one is inspriring!

The wallet is so cute! I love it. How does it close? It looks like there’s an elastic closure … I am in the process of making one of these myself. It’s funny how scrap fabric just keeps multiplying!!

You are working so much, Lisa!
    So many beautiful things!
    Thanks for your supportive words,LIsa; and today I’ve posted a recipe very very easy and so good, take a look

oh everything is sooo beautiful. I adore the look of a scrap log cabin quilt but I just don’t think I would have the patience!! wish I did. LOVE the first aid pouch, very cute

Wow, you’ve made fabulous progress on using up your scraps. I love the variety of projects you made. I tend to get stumped when I look at my scraps. Thanks for the inspiration (and nudge).

What beautiful things can be made from little leftovers – your coasters are stunning and I love the wallet. I’m trying to do the same – stashbusting jewellery – using up all those beads I’ve had for ages in new ways. Fun isn’t it?

Hi – just discovered your faboulous BLOG. You do some pretty cool stuff! Love the loyalty card holder too…might just have to make one!

Amazing scrappy projects. You go girl! I’ve been busy using my scraps to make twenty seven key fobs for my Thursday morning friends at my church. The fobs will probably make an appearance on my blog soon. I’m ready to try something new with my scraps, though.

Happy Day,
    Cassie

Love your first aid kit bag! I saw that fabric at the quilt shop and almost bought it but wasn’t sure what to do with it. Now I may have to go back and hope they still have some.

Hi,
    It seems that on your little pouch, you have some binding along the top – I really want to make some wristlets that way but can’t figure out how to do it! If that is binding, do you think you’d be willing to share how you did it?
    Many thanks,